22.2.09

A Shrine to Bring Calm Focus and Unblock the Stagnation of Indecision





This little shrine was made for someone to help them find focus on a goal for the future, to help clear away indecision and the paralyzed inaction that it causes. The numbers have a special meaning for that person to help them with a timeline for action.
The little Buddha is really old from China, I've been trying to sell some of my huge collection of Buddhas and this little guy didn't sell after listing it twice on eBay so I decided there had to be a reason to keep him and he's just been hanging around in the kitchen for months and months. So, I decided to use him in this shrine since the person it is for is a practicing Buddhist. The numbers are old printing block numbers so they are backwards, the one 5 on the left is actually an upside down 2 which made a kind of OK 5. Then I took a frame I bought a long time ago and built the whole shrine structure attached to it made out of paper mache. I painted it to look like an ancient little grotto for the Buddha and numbers. So this will bring calming focus on what is really wanted/needed and bring movement towards it. This one isn't site specific like the Ohio River and Desert ones, just one to help with meditation to find a goal and make movement towards that goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home