11.2.09

Shrine for a Friend Gets Some Results in Less than 24 Hours! Wow!



I made this little shrine for a friend who yearns for the blue skies and warmth of the desert. For some reason as I made this one I kept thinking of dreams and seeing only white with just a vague outline of mountains. I usually like lots of color, but not this time. The cactus are poly-clay and were great fun to make, they pop right out of the dream! The Airstream is can-metal and belongs in dream-time. Oddly enough the children's block letters make both AZ or NM, or MN or MA but those two aren't in the desert now are they? And I'm not telling the rest of the story here.... about the results in less than 24 hours..... All I can say is this one had a really strong feeling around it as I worked on it.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home