30.1.09


So Why Do I Make Rosaries?
I have collected antique beads and spiritual art from cultures around the world for decades and a natural progression of these interests brought me to the collection of rosaries. My collection includes hundreds of antique and vintage rosaries and crucifixes. After spending years collecting them I tried making one. I liked it, of course it was a rather crude first attempt, but I knew how to improve what I was doing and kept at it until I was completely satisfied with the rosaries I was making.
I find that the whole process of picking an artistic crucifix and center of either bronze or sterling, deciding on the beads, then stringing the rosary is a very relaxing and calming experience, like a meditation of appreciation of the materials and future use, making the most beautiful rosary possible filled with love and peace. Check the links at the right to find my rosaries, antique and vintage rosaries on The Sacred Bead and my handmade rosaries on The Sacred Bead 2 on Etsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home