12.9.09

A Vortex of Vultures Circling the Morning Moon


For those of you who don't know me, turkey vultures are the bird I enjoy the most, and envy the most too. They float on the currents of air almost effortlessly, have almost no natural enemies, don't have to fight for their food. So, it was a good omen this morning when I spotted a vortex of vultures flying high over my house in the Ohio River valley hills. No camera with me so no pictures, but imagine this- a multitude of vultures circling in a clear blue sky with a waning moon in the center of the vortex. Quite amazing! And what a beautiful day I've been having. Went exploring to the next town southeast of Maysville, Flemingsburg, where there was a jazz, blues and arts festival at the city park. As usual here there was no fighting crowds, no lack of parking, plenty of friendly people but worry that things are so sparsely attended they won't continue. I plan on volunteering time on a variety of projects in the area, trying to think of ways to promote them so they don't fade into oblivion.
You can see my new blog, msrebeccasart.blogspot.com for all the pictures from Flemingsburg today. One favorite one is at the top of this entry- this is just a world away from Central Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home