15.7.09

Resurrecting the Front Door





The original thought was that the front door was too far gone- kicked in, bad repair, missing parts etc etc. But, after seeing how difficult it was going to be to find an antique door that would fit, we decided to resurrect this door. It came with the original bell, beautiful knob and lots of problems. Here it is before mid-repair and primed. It looks so cute white I may just go with white rather than the pumpkin I'd planned on. Continued.... trying out the pumpkin, I think I like it after the first coat, will be darker after the second coat. Continued..... keeping the pumpkin, reinstalled all hardware and I have a door that doesn't look like a kicked in piece of garbage! It looks quite happy now- instead of the sad and broken, neglected mess it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home