1.7.09

New Floor and Camping In


While I was back in Ohio my work crew tore out the totally nasty floor that was layers and layers of sticky tile and dog pee and now I have a nice new floor in this room. Most of the rest of the house is the original wood, in fact the whole house except the River View Room (this one), one of the kitchens and the baths. I love this floor!
I made my first hot meal in a month. I brought down my indoor grill and set up a temporary work table to make a salad and marinade some salmon and made grilled salmon and a nice tomato and cucumber and onion w/ feta cheese salad. Wow, real food, something other than cheese and crackers. My kitchen consists of a ratty old sink a mini-fridge and a grill and I'm still sleeping on a camp cot but loving every minute of it. We are making lots of progress. Some new windows should be in this week, the lower floor is getting all new windows and the north side of the main floor. But the house is just not letting me take out the old windows in the front or the awesome big double swing in window on the top floor. I'm listening to what this house tells me. I'll go with storms over the front windows, keeping the feeling of old in the front of the house. They are lovely big old windows with the old wavy glass. The house hasn't argued with me about the new windows on the north side- my river view windows and cold north wind windows, so hopefully they will be in by next week improving my view. All the north ones are sealed shut with layers and layers of paint and caulk so now they will open.
Pretty soon I will be ready to actually move in and end the camping-in phase of living here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home