28.6.09

Ghost Ferns and 90 Degrees

It was so hot the past few days I just didn't have the energy for heavy work so I glazed the halls, entries and stairs from the 3rd floor all the way down to the bottom floor with a deep gold glaze using a sponge mop refill thingy. The walls are a mix of old plaster, paper, drywall, and even some strange tape stuff and rather than replastering or drywalling and destroying the feeling old "old", I did this glaze that accentuates the imperfections then spent hours hand painting ghost ferns along the bottom. A couple ferns here and there are as tall as me ( which isn't real tall) but most are very pale and, well, ghostly and just fade into the strange walls. It's a scrumptious golden sunshine yellow glaze over off white. I may add a little buff spongy look towards the top, but maybe I won't. Depends on how it looks to me in a few days. Lately we have been letting the house kind of "tell" us what it wants so I'll wait for it to give me the go ahead. It has definitely told me that I can't replace the old front windows so they are just getting storms but the back side facing the river will have new windows that you can actually see out of and open, house seems OK with that decision. We're saving the old windows to maybe make a little garden shed or something with them in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home