17.7.09

Rethinking the Concept of a Kitchen




Pretty soon there will be new windows above the sink- there are 2 new ones to the right, more coming soon. New flooring, rustic sink bottom with the salvaged cast iron and porcelain sink top, my mini fridge. Can't see my planter's bench where I cook with either a hot plate, grill or crock pot. I've decided to completely rethink the whole concept of kitchen. I love this room and don't want big energy hog appliances in here- those windows overlook the river. All the walls and ceiling are all pressed tin. It's an amazingly cute room. This picture is pretty rough- still have painting supplies all over the sink along with clean dishes on the drain board. Maybe a table and small cupboard and that will be all that goes in here. It's a real joy to watch the boats from the window while making sun tea.
Little Chinese looking cupboard just got a cabinet to go with the doors that I have had for years and years. And now I have a place for my spices, sauces, oils in the kitchen. I don't have to walk 2 rooms away to get them anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home